Monday, December 27, 2010

Fruit Pastry Cake ~ Pastry 水果蛋糕


Tomorrow is my birthday and I wanted a homemade cake. Immediately what flash out in my mind is to get my Dear Tiger bake me a cake under my coaching & guidance.

However, after a while, I changed my mind. It is better for me to prepare and make the cake mixture and just let my Dear Tiger be the final designer to décor the cake. I told Tiger the ideal and immediately he said yes, but how to décor the cake? Using what? Cream or?

Hoho, he started to get nervous as he never does any baking with me before. I told him just to décor the cake with the fruits and immediately I emailed him some of the cake photo as reference. Also I told him my initial thought is to get him to bake a cake for me under my coaching. Immediately he replied; “Haha…U bake then I décor is a better ideal dear. Simple.”

After dinner, I started preparing the cake mixture while my Dear Tiger cutting the peaches and strawberries. Once the cake mixture it done and being transferred to the baking tray, here come the first show bid of my Dear Tiger in cake decoration. I am laughing while seeing him decorated the cake, what a lovely night of baking together. We enjoyed it! 

The cake took 65mins baking time and it turned out beautifully with great fragrance. Immediately we shared a big slice while it was still warm, what a lovely fruit cake, with lot of joy and love.

Happy Birthday our love ~ From Daddy and Owen

















Ingredients:

100g Butter, soften at room temperature
125g Caster sugar
50g Yogurt / Sour Cream
3 Eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Lemon or Orange Zest
210g Cake flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Various fruits ~ You can use strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas, oranges, pears, apples, pineapple, or any other fruits that are not too juicy

Method:
1. Wash, cut and drain fruits as desired and set aside. (if using canned fruits, wash the fruits to remove the syrup).
2. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
3. With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy then add in yogurt.
4. Dribble in the eggs gradually and beat till incorporated in the batter.
5. Add vanilla extract and zest. Mix to combine.
6. Sieve over flour and baking powder and mix till smooth.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
8. Arrange fruits on top and decorate the fruits as desired. Remember don’t press the fruits down into the batter.
9. Bake in pre-heat oven at 180degC for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
10. You can cover the top with foil in the last 15 mins of baking to prevent the top from getting over browned.
11. Leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 5~10 mins. Unmold the loose pan and let it cool completely. Dust the cake with some icing sugar if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment